The Booster Club has been a key supporter of the football program. Boosters rely heavily on membership fees and concession proceeds as a big part of their funding to supplement or the athletic and student spirit programs throughout the year. Boosters have been key contributors to key football projects over the years such as upgrades to the practice field, uniform replacements, and procuring a computerized film analysis/scouting system. There are membership levels ranging from as low as $10 up to $100 with some really cool merchandise choices. This year they are offering a $250 incentive to each program that is above at least 50% membership. Please visit there table during school registration and join. It would be great to see near 100% membership from the football parents this year!
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
We are still in need of volunteers to assist with miscellaneous activities and tasks during the season. Below is a list of the most pressing needs and a brief description of the need and time commitment. Send me (Mjerome10@hotmail.com) an e-mail of anything that you can help out with.
1) Concession Volunteers – Concessions are facilitated by the Wildcat Booster Club and staffed by parent volunteers of each sport. Time commitment is generally about 2-3 hours the day of the event. It is a lot of fun and a great way to get to know fellow parents and support our athletics programs. It would be great if we could get a good base of volunteers this year.
2) 50/50 Raffle - 4-6 people needed for each Varsity home football game to sell 50/50 Tickets. Time commitment is generally from 6:15-7:30 pm during Home varsity games.
3) Transport Boxed meal for Frosh/JV Away Games - The football program provides a post game meal(Gondola, Chips, Cookie & Drink) for Frosh/JV away games. Responsibility involves picking up the food from La Gondola, Cooling the drinks and transporting them to the game. This can be rotated among parents.
4) JV Field Setup - JV games are Saturday mornings and field set-up is always appreciated. Set up- is light duty (putting out yard markers, pylons, goal post pads etc…) . Time commitment is arriving by 8:00 am the day of the game.
5) Film Crew (Varsity) – All varsity games are videotaped. Coach Hess is looking to do an end zone and press box camera this year. Volunteers are needed to operate cameras. Time commitment is generally arriving at least 30-45 minutes prior through the duration of the games. This can be shared among several volunteers.
Fall Sport Kick-Off Celebration – August 21
The 4th Annual Booster Club Fall Sport Kick-Off will be August 21 from 4:30pm-8pm. There will be pork chop dinners served and performances by the Band, Cheerleaders, Poms, and Girls Tennis. The Frosh/JV/and Varsity Football teams will also be scrimmaging and drilling. If you are interested in volunteering to assist with set-up, grilling chops or filling a shift for concessions during the event please sign the sheet at the parent meeting or let Mike Jerome know ( email@example.com ).